HMFH Architects, a 50-person architectural firm specializing in the design of innovative learning environments, is seeking Architects or Senior Designers with 6 to 8 years of architectural office experience.
• B. Arch, M. Arch, or equivalent degree.
• Registered Architect, or completion of AXP program and nearing completion of ARE exams.
• 6-8 years of experience working on large institutional or commercial buildings; experience on educational projects desired, but not required.
• 2 years of construction administration experience preferred.
• Experience with projects using LEED or CHPS ratings systems; LEED BD+C credentials desirable.
• Excellent design and graphic communication skills demonstrated in a variety of media, including graphic programs, hand drawing, computer modeling, and physical modeling.
• Flexible, organized, and self-directed individual with the ability to multi-task and work collaboratively.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Revit, including experience working with shared models and document production in an office setting. Skills must include modeling, detailing, and developing families. Final candidates may be given a short Revit exercise to assess skill level and training needs.
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite graphic programs, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
• Experience with 3D Studio Max for rendering and animation is desirable, but not required.
• Work under the direction of project team leaders on design and construction documents for various sized, complex building projects.
• Assist project team leaders with code review, materials research, specifications, and coordinating architectural and engineering systems.
• Develop graphic materials for project presentations and marketing efforts.
HMFH provides an open, informal, and highly collaborative work environment that fosters creativity and encourages thoughtful contribution at all levels. HMFH offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and encourages and supports professional development opportunities.
HMFH is a certified Women-Owned Business Enterprise, an Equal Opportunity Employer, and values diversity in the workplace.
Candidates should please send cover letter, resume and portfolio sample to HR@hmfh.com and specify “Architect 1/Senior Designer 1” in subject line. All submissions are appreciated, and suitable candidates will receive a reply.