HMFH Architects, a 50-person architectural firm specializing in the design of innovative learning environments, is seeking Architects or Senior Designers with 8 to 12 years of architectural office experience.
• B. Arch, M. Arch, or equivalent degree.
• Registered Architect, or completion of AXP program and nearing completion of ARE exams.
• Design Architect with 8-12 years of experience.
• Experience working on large institutional buildings, public sector, and CM at Risk projects.
• Experience with projects using LEED or CHPS rating systems; LEED BD+C accreditation.
• Excellent design and graphic communication skills demonstrated in a variety of media, including hand and computer drawings.
• Flexible, organized, and self-directed individual with the ability to multitask and work collaboratively.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Revit, including complex modeling, developing families, detail drafting, and document production. Final candidates may be given a short Revit exercise to assess skill level and training needs.
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite graphic programs, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
• Work as or under the direction of project team leaders on design and construction documents for various sized, complex building projects.
• Organize and manage the production of presentation, working drawings and specifications.
• Coordinate consultants’ work, with emphasis on integrating structural and mechanical solutions with the architectural design.
HMFH provides an open, informal, and highly collaborative work environment that fosters creativity and encourages thoughtful contribution at all levels. HMFH offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and encourages and supports professional development opportunities.
HMFH is a certified Women-Owned Business Enterprise, an Equal Opportunity Employer, and values diversity in the workplace.
Candidates should please send cover letter, resume and portfolio sample to HR@hmfh.com and specify “Architect 2/Senior Designer 2” in subject line. All submissions are appreciated, and suitable candidates will receive a reply.