HMFH Architects, a 50-person architectural firm specializing in the design of innovative learning environments, is seeking a Designer with 2-4 years of architectural office experience.
- Arch, M. Arch, or enrolled in and nearing completion of NCARB-accredited degree program.
- Enrolled in AXP.
- 2-4 years of experience working on large institutional or commercial buildings; experience on educational projects desired, but not required
- Excellent design and graphic communication skills demonstrated in a variety of media, including graphic programs, hand drawing, computer modeling, and physical modeling
- Flexible, organized, and self-directed individual with the ability to multi-task and to work collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Revit, including experience working with shared models and document production in an office setting. Skills must include modeling, detailing, and developing families. Final candidates may be given a short Revit exercise to assess skill level and training needs.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite graphic programs, including lnDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience with 30 Studio Max for rendering and animation is desirable, but not required.
- Work with project team members on design and construction documents for various sized, complex building projects
- Develop graphic materials and physical models for project presentations and marketing efforts.
HMFH provides an open, informal, and highly collaborative work environment that fosters creativity and encourages thoughtful contribution at all levels. HMFH offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and encourages and supports professional development opportunities.
HMFH is a certified Women-Owned Business Enterprise, an Equal Opportunity Employer, and values diversity in the workplace.
Candidates should please send cover letter, resume and portfolio sample to HR@hmfh.com and specify “Designer 2” in subject line. All submissions are appreciated, and suitable candidates will receive a reply.