HMFH Architects, a 60-person architectural firm specializing in the design of innovative learning environments, is seeking a Senior Technical Architect with 15+ years of experience developing and coordinating technical aspects of complex buildings.
- Arch, M. Arch, or equivalent degree
- Registered Architect or equivalent experience
- 15 or more years of experience on large institutional design projects; public sector, and CM at Risk experience preferred, but not required
- Experience as the lead technical architect for complex buildings, with a focus on the exterior envelope
- Advanced knowledge of building codes, specifications, building and engineering systems
- Experience with projects using LEED or Mass CHPS rating systems. LEED BD+C accreditation is desirable, but not required
- Able to translate and develop design ideas into buildable solutions
- Excellent design and graphic communication skills demonstrated in a variety of media, including hand drawing and computer graphics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled at teaching, organizing, and directing the technical work of less experienced architects
- Proficient in Revit, including basic modeling, detail drafting, and document production. Experience with complex modeling and with developing families is preferred, but not required. Appropriate candidates may be given a short Revit exercise to assess skill level and training that might be needed.
- Work with project team leaders and consultants to establish and develop architectural systems for complex projects
- Organize the production of technical drawings and specifications, including directing and reviewing the work of junior team members
- Work with the Project Manager and Project Architect to coordinate consultants’ work, with emphasis on quality control, and integrating structural and mechanical solutions with the architectural design
- Potential of extended duration to provide design and technical support during CA, including submittal review, responding to RFIs, and developing ASIs. Work with the construction and design teams to resolve conditions that arise during construction.
HMFH provides an open, informal, and highly collaborative work environment that fosters creativity and encourages thoughtful contribution at all levels. HMFH is a certified Women-Owned Business Enterprise, an Equal Opportunity Employer, and values diversity in the workplace.
Candidates should please send cover letter, resume and portfolio sample to HR@hmfh.com and specify “Senior Technical Architect” in subject line. All submissions are appreciated, and suitable candidates will receive a reply.