MATCH Charter Public
The school’s innovative and intensive college prep program occupies a 20th Century landmark along Commonwealth Avenue’s former “automile.” Known as the Ellis-the-Rim-Man building, the three-story structure was built in 1917 as a showroom for the Lincoln Motorcar Company.
Decorative columns and a grand marble stair with iron grillwork were restored and incorporated into the school-wide assembly space, which also serves as a dining area and study space. The renovated building incorporates various green design measures, including extensive daylighting and a photovoltaic system, which received grant funding from the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative. The MATCH School also has nine general classrooms, a computer lab, a media center, and small breakout spaces to accommodate the school’s morning advisory sessions.